Monday, April 12, 2010

Extra Credit

Besides the hit television program "Oprah", this class has probably been the single most important thing that has ever happened to me. Five years ago when I was morbidly obese, if you had told me that I was going to be reciting poetry, I would kill you in disbelief. Nevertheless, a few months ago, I stepped up in front of the class, and began filling my listener's ears with poetic genius. As I finished the last line, I was greeted with thunderous applause. I then began crowd surfing, a feet that would've been impossible five years ago, when my massive girth couldn't have been lifted without heavy machinery. After five days of celebration, I was placed back on the floor, and received a 28/40. I will always remember that day. Until I die, then I won't be able to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment