Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Conclusion - Week 22

September 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM, I had just posted my first blog, and I was not too happy about it. When I had first heard that we were going to be posting weekly blogs, I was very excited. I thought it would be a nice change from the normal typed English assignment, and it was, but when I read that our first blog was to be about how we like to read, I was slightly disappointed. After two more weeks of writing mundane blogs, I found myself reading the prompt for our 4th blog. I finally saw a chance to write about something I could have fun with. After an hour of creative genius, I sat back and published my blog post. That was probably the most fun I have had writing in a very long time. From then on, I tried to add a little humor to the rest of my blogs, whether it fit into the prompt or not. Except for this blog, I'm tired, I have a lot of studying to do, and school is almost out, I don't want to be funny.


Many times when writing, the effort I put into the assignment often reflects how creative I can get with what I'm writing. For example I probably spent about three minutes writing my Great Expectations Photo Post, as opposed to the hour I spent on my post about the first stage of Great Expectations just a week before. This is something I really need to work on, I have plenty of boring assignments ahead of me, and I need to find a way to motivate myself. Right now, I have a delicious bratwurst in front of me that I will only eat once I finish this blog.

VISUAL AID

Now that I've talked about what I've written and what I've learned, I think I'll talk about what my blog is all about. My blog is about staying up Friday night trying to post my internet literature before 12:00, my blog is about (I was serious about the bratwurst, I'm eating it right now) inconsistent effort, my blog is about having fun less often than not. Now I will wrap up my final blog post with a quote from Mister Ed O'Brien, "When you’re making a record, a film, write a book for ages and ages you think the finishing line is miles away. Now it feels it’s in touching distance. But of course, it being a creative process, at the last bit also, you have bursts of energy, you achieve a lot of things in a small period of time and then you’re nearly there…it might slow down.".

No comments:

Post a Comment